14 Fun things to do at garage & yard sales:
- Demand to see something that's not out for sale. When they go to look for it, leave.
- Ask for a 90% reduction in the marked price.
- Walk around criticizing the quality, condition, color, size, quantity, price and anything else about the merchandise. Leave saying "I've seen better junk at the
- Spend a lot of time picking up, fondling and walking around with a bunch of stuff. When you get their hopes high enough, put it all back and leave.
- When not observed, switch or remove the price tags.
- When you see a sale, go home, round up all the neighborhood kids and dogs, bring them to the sale and let them loose. Stay in the car and watch the fun.
- When you see a sale, drive ever so slowly by. Go up the block, turn around and drive sloowwllyy by again. Repeat a dozen times.
- Ask for food and drink.
- Act like your lost. Ask for directions. Pretend you don't understand.
- Pass 2 or 3 hours in inane conversation. Leave without making a purchase.
- Walk all over in their neighbor's yards. Peek at the sale through the shrubbery. Ring the neighbor's doorbells. Ask "Where's the garage sale?"
- Pretend like you're going to buy a lot of valuable or fragile items. Make them wrap them very carefully. After this say "I've changed my mind" and leave.
- Picket the sale with a sign that reads "Garage Sales Unfair to Retail Merchants"