Things you wish you knew before college
This is true no matter which school you went to :
Before I came to college I wish I had known.....
- That it didn't matter how late I scheduled my first class, I'd sleep through it anyway.
- That I could change so much and barely realize it.
- That you can love a lot of people in a lot of different ways.
- That college kids throw airplanes too.
- That if you wear polyester everyone will ask why you are so dressed up.
- That every clock on campus shows a different time.
- That if you were smart in high school, so what?
- That I would go to a party the night before a final.
- That I could sleep until 12:55 and still make my 1:00 class.
- That my best friend is the worst roommate.
- That you can know everything and fail a test.
- That you can know nothing and ace a test.
- That I would never watch the news and I would be totally out of touch with the world happenings.
- That Home is a great place to visit, But I wouldn't want to live there.
- That the more money your parents give you, the less you have every time you check your account!!
- That parties get old, and sometimes you just want to kick back and watch a movie.
- That most of my education would be obtained outside of class.
- That friendship is more than getting drunk together, but I met most of my friends through drinking.
- That I would be one of those people that my parents warned me about.
- That the free food server until 10 is gone at 9:50.
- That you could be totally broke, but still have enough to go to a bar!
- That I would go home every weekend my Freshman year.
- That I would laugh at all the Freshman going home every weekend my Senior year.
- That Sunday is a figment of the world's imagination.
- That Psychology is really Biology.
- That biology is really Chemistry, that Chemistry is really Physics and that Physics is really Math.
- That my parents would become so much smarter in the last few years.
- That it's possible to be alone even when you are surrounded by friends.
- That friends are what makes this place worthwhile!
- Don't be dismayed at good-byes, A farewell is necessary before we can meet again, and meeting again, after moments or a lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.