Top of Page
- Men stumble over the truth from time to time, but most pick themselves
up and hurry off as if nothing happened.
- The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes.
- I am always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught.
- A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the
opportunity in every difficulty.
- It is no use saying, "We are doing our best."
You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.
- Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end.
But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.
- I felt as if I was walking with destiny, and all my past life had
been but a preparation for this hour and this trial.
- The empires of the future are the empires of the mind.
- Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so
many to so few.
- A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance
to get its pants on.
- He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.
- Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to
continue that counts.
- Success is never permanent. Failure is never failure. The only thing
that really counts is to never, never, never, give up.
- In defeat unbeatable: in victory unbearable.
- I know of no case where a man added to his dignity by standking on it.
- I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat.
- He is one of those orators of whom it was well said, "Before they get up,
they do not know what they are going to say; when they are speaking, they
do not know what they are saying; and when they have sat down, they do not
know what they have said.
- It was the nation and the race dwelling all round the globe that had the lion's
heart. I had the luck to be called upon to give the roar. I also hope that I
sometimes suggested to the lion the right place to use his claws.
Top of Page
- I hear and I forget
I see and I believe
I do and I understand
- He who learns but does not think, is lost!
He who thinks but does not learn is in great danger.
- A man who has committed a mistake and doesn't correct
it, is committing another mistake.
- Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.